Advertising rates, ad formats and publication dates are available in the Media Kit for each brand here: Varumärken
The digital material should be named by publication, issue and client name e.g. ELLE1608MaxFactor.pdf
The material must be submitted as a print optimized pdf-file in PDF-vers.1.3.
All colors must be in CMYK.
Max color shade is 320%.
When printing 100% coverage black, there should be 50% cyan below.
All images must include with icc-profile ISOcoated_v2_300_eci.icc with a resolution of 300dpi.
Joboption and icc-profile: Aller_media_joboption_ICC.zip
All important parts of the ad should be placed within 5 mm of the printing area.
Ads must be created in the exact dimensions of the booked format.
Add 5 mm bleed to all formats.
All display formats are available in the Media Kit for each brand: Varumärken
The campaign material must be delivered at least 7 working days before the campaign start date. Send campaign material to [email protected]
All Aller sites follow the same template.
– Deliver banner material as 3rd party script, HTML5 or image file (gif, jpg, png). Newsletter banners can only be accepted as image files (gif, jpg, png).
– All 3rd party scripts need to be delivered in HTTPS.
– Max file size 95 kb
– FPS (frames per second): 18 FPS, Aller media follow IAB recommendations.
- Aller media recommend advertiser to add a clearly marked border around the banner.
- Animation: Max length 30 sec.
- Audio: Must be user-initiated with an on/off button.
- A maximum of 5 creative updates per format are included.
1. General information
HTML5 zip banner will be uploaded to DoubleClick Creative Studio. Please follow Creative Studio banner guidelines: https://support.google.com/richmedia/answer/2672545
Ensure that the HTML5 zip banner has the following set:
• HTML file – the index html file
– Only one html file is accepted
• Enabler – the core code library of DoubleClick Studio
– All components and API calls must go through the Enabler
• Exit – A click-through area in the ad
– Every creative requires at least one exit
• Fallback image – an image version (PNG / JPEG / GIF) of the ad
If the HTML5 zip banner contains video, please follow the video guidelines: https://support.google.com/richmedia/answer/2792620
It is also possible to deliver HTML5 banner as Third Party Code. The above Creative Studio guidelines doesn’t apply to Third Party Codes.
Available the Media Kit of each brand here: Varumärken
3. Weight (kB)
There are however two exceptions:
• New content is available on a user interacts with the advertisement e.g. a video.
• It is permissible to use the latest jQuery version as long as it is taken from Google’s CDN (see “jQuery” below).
You can use JQuery library without having to calculate it with the size of the ad. However, this requires that the following holds:
• You use the latest version of jQuery
• You use Google’s CDN
• You use the min. version of the library (jquery.min.js)
Code snippet to import this library may look like this :
These limitations need to be followed:
• Viewport cannot be set to device – width.
• You cannot use the built-in geo – location.
• Sound is not allowed.
6. Minimize the number of files
• HTML ad must consist of a single HTML file that includes all the CSS needed to run the ad. It means therefore that all CSS should be inline.
All external file references must be in the full URL format. Any folder structure disappears when we upload files in our ad management system.
A wallpaper contains one asset.
Double check that banner is clickable. We often receive HTML5 banners which are not clickable.
Many brand ads consist of a single image that is adapted in height and width to different formats (e.g. single graphics custom iPhone and one for iPad).
Photos Banners (PNG / JPEG / GIF) produced to fill the entire width and height of the portrait, while centered in the landscape without scaling. Format Size is made based on the iPhone and iPad.
On the mobile platform, it is essential that to ensure that we deliver both ads and editorial content as quickly as possible. Several studies show that the performance has a direct influence on the views of the ad, conversions and how the brand is perceived.
Here are some recommendations that provide the best possible experience for all.
1. Network Traffic
Although we have a limit on the size of the advertisement, we recommend anyway keep network traffic as low as possible. The faster an advertisement can be delivered over the network, the more likely it is that it appears to a mobile user before it is too late.
Our recommendations to get the best possible experience on bad networks are:
• Minimize the number of http -ˇrequest. These queued and often takes time to implement.
• Use media queries and server scaled images for different screen sizes.
To limit the processing time of advertising is all about reducing the use of CPU on the device.
Here are a few tips along the way:
• Use straightforward Java Script and avoid nested loops as much as possible.
• Use GPU where possible.
• Avoid generic CSS rules. Use the id and classes as much as possible
• Put CSS in the <head > tag in your document
• Specify image size in image tags
• Avoid Google Swiffy or other programs that convert flash to html. Code is unstructured and difficult to implement.
• An example of a useful program to develop ads in html5 is Google Web Designer.
Correct layer materials must be submitted 3 business days prior to campaign start. In case of late delivery, we cannot guarantee that your ad is going to start according to schedule.
Weight: MAX 250KB
File format: JPEG, PNG
No close button
Only static image
Demo link: https://www.elle.se/?dfp_id=takeover
Ad Size: MAX 200 KB
File Format: JPEG/PNG
Demo link: https://www.elle.se/?dfp_id=flying_carpet
Weight: MAX 100 KB
File Format: JPEG/PNG
Wallpaper contains one asset with 990x880px white space
Ad dimensions: 1800×1000
Ad Size: MAX 300 KB
See Desktop General Specification for detailed information.
The size of the wallpaper left and right banners are fixed/sticky and banners will not scale depending on the user’s browser window size. One side and bottom of the wallpaper side banners will not be visible for users with a lap top screens (see screen area marked in pink below). Only users with a larger external screen will be able to view the complete wallpaper assets. Take this information into consideration when placing content in the wallpaper left and right banners, see image with pixel size guidelines below.
Place content close to the top and close to the editorial content in left and right banners. (Content: photo, text message, logo etc.).
In side banners, place message/content in the 600×120 pixel area marked in the image below.
Red square: Users with a large external screen
Green square: Users with a standard lap top screen, approx.1230×600.